Thursday, February 5, 2009

reformation.

Well....i lost the battle with myself.
but i left it all on the table.
i've always aspired to do such with and acclaim myself to a new goal.
it has been postponed.
i did not do my best last semester and therefor suffer the consequences now
i tried extremely hard to bite my pride, somewhat lower myself, and open to others and i finally did. and all was going well. until i was .01 away for being able to do such.
i tried to hide it. but when i was called upon at the meeting.
the first question asked was. what's your GPA.
i swear. everything went black. and this bright ass light was shone upon me. 
i was stuck.
i knew it wasn't to the standards. but i had a epiphany and proceeded to blackout and spit the truth. 
i knew i couldnt, but i made myself go as a "self punishment"
to see what i can become, and who my comp is.
and he asked me a bunch of questions portraying myself:
"why are you here"
"what can you bring"
"why do we need you"
"what is your greatest and worst weakness"
upon other self evaluating questions that most i answered but some i could not,
for i never asked myself these things...or at least to portray to others.
and in turn. i told him. he knew i knew that it wasn't possible.
i had planned on lying cause i was called out in front of 40+
and that this is something i want. i knew that being there, my face was seen and if i was able to throw my flag of self shame in front of nobodys and i still feel better with myself knowing i keep my word as a man and tell the truth no matter, i know i can and will be better then you all when i cross.
he was more shocked that i told the truth.
i had new found respect from this man and these brothers i wish to call my own.
even though i took this defeat, i came out the winner.

Oh well. there is always next year.

But anywho,
the real reason I'm here. i've finally dedicated myself.
school is FIRST!
i know i said that before but now its meant cause after what happened above.
i've disappointed myself on a whole new level.
but its what i needed. i've gotten back on track.
cut drinking' never smoked alot before, but its pretty much gone now.
no girls unless they come my way, or they are some that i can "entertain" myself to.
i mean i am a guy, and this ain't jail.

After about a week or such of seclusion and some prayer and meditation, I'm a more calmer person.
still sarcastic(sorry you carl thomas emotional ass niggas)
but i find myself listening to more neo-jazz, and surprisingly instrumentals.
they allow me to wander more, catch a tune with myself.
i've scheduled myself to be busy with school on fridays and saturdays(R.A duties etc.)
so social is there but with a academic purpose.

While i was unpacking some mementos and posters to spice up my wack ass room, 
i saw all the cards my family and friends gave me and my pictures.
they want me to succeed more then me.
if i cant do it for myself.
at least for the FEW people who invest in me.
they deserve this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment